The British and the Nigerian National Curriculum for Primary Schools is used for these classes. However here at New Hall, additional emergent global issues and information are used to enhance the curriculum. Children are given a lot of opportunities to learn, think and reason. Each child is viewed as a unique person with individual pattern and timing of growth.
During the early years of elementary education we seek:
– To ensure pupils receive optimum tuition in order to maximize attainment and enhance their general development
– To offer the right challenges within a well supervised and caring environment to enhance self-esteem and confidence.
– To emphasize the importance of developing the core skills in literacy and numeracy
– To advise, guide and train the child to develop appropriate behavioural skill at individual and group levels
– To provide a stimulating and enjoyable learning environment in which happiness and application flourish side by side
To offer further specialist tuition, if needed, to pupils experiencing difficulties in satisfactory performance levels